We hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer, as the first day of school starts a little sooner this year. ACPS and our principal, Dr. Mazur, have disseminated a lot of information regarding the start of the school year. If you are not receiving communications from ACPS and/or Dr. Mazur, you can sign up for messages here.
Your GWMS Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) Executive Board is in the midst of planning our meetings and events for the year. We’ve already begun with a very successful and much appreciated Teacher and Staff Breakfast at the beginning of this week. Thank you to all our PTA volunteers for feeding (and caffeinating!) our teachers and staff as they prepare to welcome our children back to school. Updates for all of our activities can be found on our website. If you are not a subscriber to our newsletter, you can sign up for the GWMS Town Crier here.
The GWMS PTA Executive Board and Committee Chairs are comprised of the following amazing people that have volunteered to serve this year:
- President – Joy Pochatila ([email protected])
- Vice President of Communications – Reagan Moore ([email protected])
- Vice President of Fundraising – Krista Tongring ([email protected])
- Secretary – Greg Ruff ([email protected])
- Treasurer – Kristina Seppala ([email protected])
- Past President – Marie Randall ([email protected])
- Principal – Jesse Mazur ([email protected])
- Membership Committee Chair – Ariana Lara
- Teacher Grant Program Committee Chairs – Cynthia Skinner and Kristi Komai
- Facilities Liaison Committee Chair – Kelly Conlan Baron
- Spirit Wear Committee Chair – Meghan Peri
- 8th Grade Social Events Chair – Marie Randall
We are also looking for additional volunteers to chair our Hospitality, Community Partners, Reflections, and Spelling Bee committees. And for those of you with rising 6th and 7th graders at home, we also need chairs for our 6th and 7th Grade Social Events committees. If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, please contact Joy Pochatila at [email protected].
Our first PTA meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 14th at 7 pm and the topics will include a presentation from the GWMS staff on in-person learning, the new bell schedule, and services for social and emotional support. Our monthly meetings will continue to be held via Zoom. Since we’ll be holding a membership vote to approve our budget, we encourage everyone to join/renew your PTA membership prior to September 14th. Membership is $10 per parent/guardian.
Cheers to a new school year!